Consumerization has infiltrated the enterprise workforce.
30% of employees use their own devices despite company policy. They expect your business processes and communication to be as agile as the applications they use at home and are willing to circumvent policy to achieve it.
The future of the workplace is digital, after all.
What is VMware Workspace One?
VMware Workspace One is the answer to that desire.
Workspace One is a simple and secure enterprise platform that allows you to deliver and manage any app on any device. It combines identity, application, and enterprise mobility management all on one platform.
Essentially, Workspace One matches consumer simplicity with enterprise security to address needs such as:
- User experience
- Seamless workflows
Workspace One Features
- With Workspace One, your employees access a platform that provides a single experience across any device. It includes tailored branding for your business, comprehensive app coverage, consumer-grade accessibility, and industry-first mobile SSO.
Choose Your Device
- Unlock your enterprise’s BYOD capabilities with Workspace One. Your employees can download the Workspace One platform onto their device, no matter the operating system. And you’ll rest easy knowing it is secure and adheres to all company policy.
- Secure email, chat, and any form of content is possible directly from the Workspace One platform. Everything from setting a meeting in your calendar to answering email or chats is easily accessible at a touch.
- To ensure that secure experience, Workspace One includes dynamic per-app VPN, intelligent networking through NSX, and device usage analytics. This allows admins to provide access to users based on OS, location, blacklisted apps, third-party software, and track items like authentication strength, session time, network scope, etc.
- With the remote configuration, smart groups, and virtual app and desktop delivery, enterprises with Workspace One can automatically scale with ease. For example, organizations that ramp up seasonally can scale up and down as needed.
Why Would You Need VMware Workspace One?
60% of employees would prefer to use their personal devices for work, and, as noted above, 30% of those people will do so anyway, regardless of your company policy.
Such practices can cripple your business, and unsecure mobile devices remains a top vulnerability for data breaches.
According to a report from Check Point Software, 100% of organizations with at least 500 mobile devices had experienced a mobile attack in 2017.
That makes platforms like Workspace One imperative to keeping your business secure. Considering the average cost of a data breach is $3.62 million, your organization cannot afford constant breaches.
Here are two examples of how enterprise organizations adopted Workspace One:
A healthcare institution sought to improve patient outcomes by rolling out new applications quicker, reducing the time it took to access electronic medical records, and improve the user experience for medical staff.
To do so, Workspace One was implemented across an entire staff of over 5,000 clients, desktops, and mobile devices, achieving faster deployment.
Next, a not-for-profit organization wanted to solve its poor mobile capabilities by speeding up transaction processes and deliver a mix of new and legacy apps. To do so, it launched a new workplace of 150 apps to over 10,000 unique users.
Common Questions About VMware Workspace One
Is VMware Workspace One just a bundle of VMware products?
No. Workspace One is the result of integrating VMware Identity Manager, AirWatch Enterprise Mobility Management Suite, and Horizon Air.
While each of these product offerings are available standalone, Workspace One offers features between the three offerings that are unique to the Workspace One product line.
Is VMware Workspace One just for Windows 10?
No. Workspace One is OS-agnostic. Whether your organization primarily uses Windows devices, Apple devices, or a combination of both, Workspace One is designed for all.
VMware Workspace vs AirWatch
It is a common misconception that Workspace One and AirWatch are different. They are, in fact, one and the same.
Workspace is the nomenclature that replaced AirWatch.
VMware Workspace ONE and VMware Horizon
Similar to AirWatch, Workspace One is an encompassing platform that houses other endpoint products such as Horizon. The Horizon Suite is a VDI product within the Workspace One platform.
How Do You Acquire VMware Workspace One Licensing?
Workspace One is licensed either via per user or per device, depending on how your organization manages prefers to manage your infrastructure.
Additionally, you have a choice between a standard edition, advanced edition, enterprise edition, and enterprise for VDI edition of Workspace One. These vary on the number of licensed devices and the number of devices that may access the Workspace One portal.
Interested in how VMware Workspace One can be implemented in your business? As a VMware featured partner, PCM Canada is uniquely positioned to build a workspace that meets your every workplace need. Contact us today to get started and learn more.