How many printers does your company have? How many multi-functional devices, scanners, and copiers do you have? How much do you spend on office printing annually?
If you’re don’t have the answers to these questions, don’t be upset. Hundreds of other managers also don’t have the answers to these simple questions.
That number should surprise you. A recent report by Gartner Group indicates that 90% of companies don’t know how many printers they have or how much they spend on office printing annually.
Here’s another surprising statistic about office printing: The typical office worker prints 10,000 pages annually at an average annual cost of $725. What’s more, 37% to 41% of print-related expenses avoid formal procurement approval.
These statistics aren’t just eye opening, they’re meaningful. They underscore a key point about office printing: For many companies, it’s a black hole that they through money into—one that’s getting bigger and bigger as time passes.
If you’re like many of these companies, there’s a good chance your spending on print volume and costs is spiraling out of control—and that’s not good for you or your company.
Businesses today need to control all expenses to stay competitive—including what it costs for office printing.
If your organization is highly document intensive and want to cut office printing costs quickly without hurting print quality, there’s a simple solution.
PCM Canada’s managed print services (MFP).
It puts you back in control of your office printing costs by right-sizing your printing efforts while eliminating the waste often associated with it.
What is Managed Print Services
While the definition of MFP is somewhat broad, it’s goal is simple: Increase visibility into and the control of a company’s office printing.
By “printing” we mean the total cost of managing your printers and other office equipment, including their output, the processes that support them, and the staff that service them. Printing includes things like:
- Output produced by all workers, including mobile ones
- All office desktop printers, multi-functional devices, copiers, scanners,
- Materials sent out to be printed by independent third parties
- Technical support including IT help desk activities, maintenance, and change requests
- All supplies, such as paper, ink, toner, and other consumables
By assessing these things objectively, managed print services companies like PCM Canada can provide you with a roadmap that saves money, enhances document security, improves environmental sustainability, and boosts productivity and efficiency.
But putting you in control of the cost of office printing is just one of the many advantages our managed print services offer. Additional advantages offered include:
- Eliminating unnecessary expenditures on equipment
- Increasing printing uptime through ongoing monitoring
- Saving staff time performing routine printer maintenance
- Generating a significant increase in office efficiency
- Eliminating the need to stockpile printing supplies
- Making better use of employee time
- Reducing hardware without impacting productivity
- Eliminating the waste associated with office printing
We’ work closely with you to help you realize all the advantages a sound managed print services program provides.
Managed Print Services Program Elements
Our Managed Print Services program optimizes your company’s document output using a simple three- step approach that drives results:
- We start by conducting a needs assessment using with our Print Fleet Assessment tool, which calculates your exact printing costs.
- Next, we identify and eliminates old, inefficient devices that boost the cost of printing. This step eliminates the service, parts, and supplies needed to operate the new and existing hardware (including any existing third-party equipment).
- Then, we track how you’re using your printer, fax, copier and MFP fleet, identify the problems associated with this equipment, and recommend new technology and procurement services that will boost the efficiency of your print fleet while cutting its costs.
When coupled with our enterprise management services, this approach dramatically reduces the cost of office printing while allowing you and your staff to focus on what matters most—serving your clients and customers.
Boost Profitability with Managed Print Services
PCM Canada does more than just talk the talk when it comes to managed print services. We also conduct activities that can help cut printing costs, sometimes by as much as 30%. These activities include:
- Proactively identifying and solving potential printing problems
- Reducing papers usage, energy consumption, and greenhouse gas emissions
- Providing easy and secure access to printing by mobile workers
- Provide network management and IT integration services when needed
- Train employees to make smooth transitions to the new system
- Turn slow, manual process into automated digital ones
Put simply, we’ll seamlessly manage your printing needs while you focus on taking care of your real business—serving your clients and customers. That, in turn, helps lower the total cost of printing and boost profitability.
Don’t let your spending on office printing spiral out of control? Contact PCM Canada. Our managed print services program will put you back in the driver’s seat and help eliminate the waste associated with office printing.