The development and testing stages of your application build can be the most important in working out kinks and getting it ready to go live. These processes often require a lot of computing power; the kind that you may not have space for on your established network.
The SharePoint development and testing farm can be created through the Azure preview portal on virtual machines created in service management. Here you can create, host and deploy applications with ease.
Users have the option to create either a basic environment or high-availability environment, depending on the application of the testing platform and the user needs. Whatever the environment, SharePoint has built-in elasticity to support the demand of your users, while ensuring that proper Disaster Recovery is established.
- Consists of 3 servers: domain, SQL & SharePoint
- Automatically configured in a cloud-only virtual network
- Comprised of 9 servers: two domain, three for SQL cluster, two application-tier SharePoint servers and two web-tier SharePoint servers
- A template needs to be created in order to configure with virtual machines
- Can be used to test a higher client load and availability of site
- Ensures that the SQL server is always on
Accessing a PaaS SharePoint farm enables you to create web apps with any language of your choice (ASP.NET, PHP, Node.js, or Python) and quickly deploy using FTP, Git, Visual Studio, TFS, and GitHub, while working collaboratively with a remote team.
Establishing a hybrid SharePoint farm for cloud deployment can be quite time consuming. In order to free up your IT resources and focus on the actual testing of your application, PCM Canada can provide the software licensing and support, as well as installation you require to ensure a safe platform for your development team. Contact us today to see if the PCM Canada Development and Testing Platform is right for you and your organizational needs.